Recipe by Buddybearr
This is an easy stir-fry that combines chicken, pasta, veggies and pasta sauce, I tried it one evening and it was a big hit with my family. I found it in Taste of Home's June 2003 Light and Tasty magazine and it was created by Janeen Longfellow of Wolcotville Ind. I hope you try this for your family as a nice change of pace and enjoy it.
- 8 ounces penne pasta (uncooked or any medium tube pasta )
- 1 lb chicken breast (boneless, skinless, cut into 1/2 inch pieces)
- 1 small green pepper (julienned )
- 1⁄2 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or canola oil )
- 1 cup grape tomatoes (halved)
- 1 (8 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄3 cup lowfat mozzarella cheese (shredded)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package instructions and drain.
- In a large fry pan or wok, stir-fry chicken, peppers, onion, and garlic in oil until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add the pasta, mushrooms, tomatoes, sauce and seasonings.
- Heat through.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with cheese, Let it stand until cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy. Manga !