Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
5 Weight Watcher points but not core.
- 8 ounces penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut in 1/2 pieces
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 (8 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain.
- Stir fry the chicken, pepper, onion and garlic in oil until no longer pink.
- Add the pasta, mushrooms, tomatoes, sauce and seasoning; heat through.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with cheese; let stand until melted.
I'm rating this a 4 as written, but can be 5 star and WW core with improvements. I used whole wheat pasta, 14.5 oz. diced tomatoes rather than cherry tomatoes and a small 8 oz. can of tomato sauce with 2 tsp. Italian seasoning rather than pizza sauce. I also chopped up about 6 fresh basil leaves and added black olives and extra garlic. If FF mozzarella is also used, this dish can be WW Core. It's delicious! Thanks Budgiegirl.
Good basic meal that uses up things I needed to use up. I used cooked turkey, canned tomatoes, and left out the green pepper. I also added a good amount extra sauce because I wanted it saucier. It was fine, just not very flavorful.
This was really good - I used tomato sauce instead of pizza sauce and added more Italian seasonings; also, added black olives. I'll certainly prepare this again.