Recipe by Budgiegirl
5 Weight Watcher points but not core.
Top Review by DuChick
I'm rating this a 4 as written, but can be 5 star and WW core with improvements. I used whole wheat pasta, 14.5 oz. diced tomatoes rather than cherry tomatoes and a small 8 oz. can of tomato sauce with 2 tsp. Italian seasoning rather than pizza sauce. I also chopped up about 6 fresh basil leaves and added black olives and extra garlic. If FF mozzarella is also used, this dish can be WW Core. It's delicious! Thanks Budgiegirl.
- 8 ounces penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut in 1/2 pieces
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 (8 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain.
- Stir fry the chicken, pepper, onion and garlic in oil until no longer pink.
- Add the pasta, mushrooms, tomatoes, sauce and seasoning; heat through.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with cheese; let stand until melted.