1 hr 20 mins
Theresa/ Thunderbird's Note:
This is one I came up with myself to make in my electric skillet (any skillet can be used) and it is good! It is all made in the same pan and if you want to serve more people just add more chicken and another can of tomatoes. It is good with a can of tomatoes with green chilies too. More garlic can be added. The sauce is smooth and creamy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 chicken pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/4 cup franks hot pepper sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) bag noodles, cooked
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, about
- 1Saute onion and garlic in veg oil.
- 2Add chicken and brown lightly.
- 3Add everything else except hot sauce and margarine and simmer 1 hour on low to med heat.
- 4When chicken is done sscoot it to one side on the pan and add the margarine and hot sauce.
- 5Stir well (the margarine and hot sauce makes it a rich and sauce) Scoot chicken back and simmer about 10 more minutes.
- 6Serve the sauce over hot cooked noodles.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Chicken and Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (431 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 465.5
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 63.8 mg
- Sodium 819.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 12.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: