Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is one I came up with myself to make in my electric skillet (any skillet can be used) and it is good! It is all made in the same pan and if you want to serve more people just add more chicken and another can of tomatoes. It is good with a can of tomatoes with green chilies too. More garlic can be added. The sauce is smooth and creamy.
- 6 chicken pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup franks hot pepper sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) bag noodles, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil, about
- Saute onion and garlic in veg oil.
- Add chicken and brown lightly.
- Add everything else except hot sauce and margarine and simmer 1 hour on low to med heat.
- When chicken is done sscoot it to one side on the pan and add the margarine and hot sauce.
- Stir well (the margarine and hot sauce makes it a rich and sauce) Scoot chicken back and simmer about 10 more minutes.
- Serve the sauce over hot cooked noodles.