Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I'm not much for italian "stuff", since I don't like red sauce, but this one is good. I used the egg noodles, instead of linguini, since that can be hard to find in small Georgia country towns. It is actually two recipes in one. The other recipe is Herb Broiled Chicken Breast Halves. For this recipe, either cook up of the chicken recipe, or cook it as written and save two of the breasts for this one.
- 4 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 small green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian tomatoes, stewed, undrained and cut up
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Cook linguini, drain, cover and keep warm.
- Spray large skillet.
- Heat over medium high heat.
- Add onion and bell pepper, cook for 4-5 minutes, or until crispy, stirring constantly. Reduce to medium low.
- In bowl combine cold water and cornstarch, blend. Add tomatoes, blend.
- Stir into skillet. Add two Herb Broiled Chicken Breast Halves, cook and stir 4 - 5 minutes.
- Sauce should be bubbly and slightly thickened.
- Serve chicken and mixture over linguini.