Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a filling soup that smells wonderful and cooks up in a hurry. It is especially good as leftovers, too. This is a great beginner cook recipe as well and can easily be modified for crockpot cooking.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 1 (8 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- black pepper
- Cube chicken breasts into bite size pieces.
- In a large pot, Saute chicken, onions and celery in a tiny bit of chicken broth till onions and celery are tender.
- Add remaining broth, tomatoes, and beans.
- Season with pepper, oregano and garlic to taste.
- Cook 15 minutes or till heated through.
- Add vegetables and cooked macaroni and simmer 5 minutes longer.
I couldn't find cannellini beans in the grocery store, so I substituted Northern beans. It was REALLY yummy on a cold day! Thanks for posting!