Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is from Jill Weatherford. She noted "I usually toss my noodles with a little butter or olive oil (make sure you salt the cooking water!)".
- 1 (16 ounce) package noodles, cooked in boiling salted water (I use angel hair)
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 -5 roma tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) jar artichoke hearts (I used plain, not marinated)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 -5 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss tomatoes, artichokes, and garlic with the olive oil, sugar, salt and pepper, and flour in a bowl.
- Generously season the chicken breasts with S&P and place in a 13x9 baking dish.
- Place the tomato mixture around the sides of the chicken breasts and bake until almost done (for 50 minutes if the breasts are large and thick).
- Take the dish out of the oven and turn your oven on broil (or 500 degrees). Place generous amounts of cheese on each breast. Place dish back in the oven and watch the cheese broil until it is golden and bubbly on top.
- Top dish with fresh basil and ENJOY!