Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Better Homes and Garden.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound total)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup greek black olives or 1⁄4 cup ripe olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine or 1⁄4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh basil
- 2 cups hot cooked couscous
- Rinse chicken; pat dry. In a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is tender and no longer pink. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- For sauce, add the remaining olive oil, onion, and garlic to hot skillet. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes, olives, capers, salt, and pepper to skillet. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 3 minutes. Stir together the wine or broth and cornstarch; add to the skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Stir in basil. Pour sauce over chicken. Serve with couscous. Makes 4 servings.
Enjoyed the flavours, thanks for sharing.
Since I am a lover of capers and olives this was a huge success although I did omit the fresh basil and used seasoned salt and increased the fresh garlic, this is a delicious dish with extreme flavor, next time I will double the recipe, my DH had three pieces of chicken and I could have had a few more myself lol! thank you for sharing hon!...Kitten