Prep 2 mins
Cook 8 mins
The EASIEST dinner in the world to make. Can be served on its own, or we sometimes fork-shred the cooked chicken and put it on hamburger buns.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup Italian dressing, more if desired. (I use Wishbone Robusto Italian)
- Spray crockpot with cooking spray; place chicken in crockpot.
- Cover chicken with Italian dressing.
- Cook on low approximately 8 hours.
- Serve. (If using for sandwiches, you may want to add a bit more dressing to the chicken after shredding).
This was excellent!! I used 1/2 a bottle of store-brand Italian dressing. My chicken was partially frozen when I put it in at 11:30. I cooked it on low for 2 hrs, then hi for 2 hrs then low again 1 hr. Then I shredded it, put it back it the crock-pot and turned it to the warm setting until I could finish the rest of supper. It was so juicy and delicious. I was going to take a picture, but couldn't find my camera anywhere, and no one wanted to wait for me to look for it :( Next time I make it I'll be sure to post a picture. Thanks for the great (and super easy!) recipe.
This was definitely easy, and quite healthy. I doubled the chicken breasts and used fat free Italian dressing (Kraft). I did not double the dressing since it covered the chicken quite well. I happened to be home today and, after about 5 hours, noticed that it was already fully cooked so I turned it to warm. The chicken ended up being dry which, my husband says, is simply because we used the chicken breasts with very little fat. My biggest issue was that there was not as much taste as I expected there to be. That said, it was very done and was fine with some mixed harvest grains and green beans. Thanks for a healthy one to try!