Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
A zesty way to prepare chicken on the stove. I came up with it when my oven stopped working and had to prepare everything on the stove top. I typically use the Kraft Zesty Italian dressing and have only used chicken legs and thighs. You can use other parts of the chicken, but cooking times may vary.
- Place the chicken in a bowl and add the dressing.
- Let marinate for at least 30 minutes (1-2 hours is best) in the fridge. Shake it or mix it occasionally.
- Turn the stove on to medium heat and place the chicken in to a frying pan and cover for 10 minutes and save the leftover dressing.
- Turn over after 10 minutes and cover and cook for another 10 minutes. (if it seems to be burning turn down the heat).
- Uncover and add the leftover dressing, turning each piece to coat it.
- Continue to cook for about another 10-15 minutes turning occasionally. The dressing will become dark golden color.
This is so easy. I also freeze chicken in the marinade and label. When it thaws it marinates.
Tnanks Stargirl73 for this quick and easy recipe. There were lots of dressings to choose from and I used zesty iitalian. I think it would be interestinfg to try other dressings also.
I made thi's for My 3 chef's -08 game with an Italian theme, so glad I did as it was simple to make in my limited kitchen space, moist and very flavorful. I couldn't find Italian Dressing here in Milan so I used recipe #195337 and it worked great. Also used boneless chicken breasts as that's what was availible. Served with salad, steamed rice and crusty Italian bread. YUM; what a treat and such a great blend of flavors. I will be making this again at DH's demand. Thanks Stargirl for a great recipe.