A zesty way to prepare chicken on the stove. I came up with it when my oven stopped working and had to prepare everything on the stove top. I typically use the Kraft Zesty Italian dressing and have only used chicken legs and thighs. You can use other parts of the chicken, but cooking times may vary.
- Place the chicken in a bowl and add the dressing.
- Let marinate for at least 30 minutes (1-2 hours is best) in the fridge. Shake it or mix it occasionally.
- Turn the stove on to medium heat and place the chicken in to a frying pan and cover for 10 minutes and save the leftover dressing.
- Turn over after 10 minutes and cover and cook for another 10 minutes. (if it seems to be burning turn down the heat).
- Uncover and add the leftover dressing, turning each piece to coat it.
- Continue to cook for about another 10-15 minutes turning occasionally. The dressing will become dark golden color.