Recipe by Stargirl73
A zesty way to prepare chicken on the stove. I came up with it when my oven stopped working and had to prepare everything on the stove top. I typically use the Kraft Zesty Italian dressing and have only used chicken legs and thighs. You can use other parts of the chicken, but cooking times may vary.
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the chicken in a bowl and add the dressing.
- Let marinate for at least 30 minutes (1-2 hours is best) in the fridge. Shake it or mix it occasionally.
- Turn the stove on to medium heat and place the chicken in to a frying pan and cover for 10 minutes and save the leftover dressing.
- Turn over after 10 minutes and cover and cook for another 10 minutes. (if it seems to be burning turn down the heat).
- Uncover and add the leftover dressing, turning each piece to coat it.
- Continue to cook for about another 10-15 minutes turning occasionally. The dressing will become dark golden color.