1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Posted for a request for chestnut puree recipes. Can be made up to a week in advance, keep undecorated, wrapped & stored in an airtight container.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180c/350 degrees F.
- 2Grease a springform cake tin& line.
- 3Cream butter& three-quarters of the sugar.
- 4Fold in two-thirds of the chestnut puree, alternating with the egg yolks,& beat.
- 5Fold in the sifted flour.
- 6Whisk the egg whites until stiff.
- 7Beat a little of the egg whites into the chestnut mixture, until evenly blended, then fold in the remainder.
- 8Gently pour the cake mix into the tin.
- 9Cook for 1 1/4 hours or until cooked.
- 10Leave the cake in the tin& pirece holes evenly all over the cake with a skewer.
- 11Sprinkle 4 tablespoons of the rum over the top& allow to cool before removing from the tin.
- 12Cut horizontally into two layers.
- 13Place the bottom layer on a serving plate.
- 14Beat the cream, rum, sugar& chestnut puree until thick.
- 15Spread two-thirds of cream on the bottom layer& place the other layer on top.
- 16Spread the remaining cream over the top& sides of the cake.
- 17Decorate with piped cream stars.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Chestnut Cake
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 800.8
- Calories from Fat 403
- Total Fat 44.8 g
- Saturated Fat 25.3 g
- Cholesterol 349.8 mg
- Sodium 278.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 19.2 g
- Protein 13.0 g