Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
This can be a great main dish. I love bocconcini (mini mozzarella balls) and that is one of my favorite things about this salad. It is just delicious!
- 453.59 g round loaf crusty bread
- 170.09 g bocconcini (1 cup, halved)
- 141.74 g provolone cheese, cut into 3/4-inch by 1/4-inch pieces
- 113.39 g prosciutto or 113.39 g deli ham, thinly sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 236.59 ml assorted pitted deli olive
- 85.04 g pepperoni slices, 3/4 cup
- 118.29 ml red onion, sliced
- 118.29 ml Italian salad dressing
- 1182.95 ml salad greens
- 236.59 ml fresh basil leaf
- Cut off top third of bread; cut into 3/4-inch pieces.
- Place on baking sheet, let stand at room temperature about 1 hour to dry.
- Meanwhile, prepare salad; in large bowl, toss bocconcini, provolone, prosciutto, tomatoes, olives, pepperoni and onion with bread cubes and dressing.
- Gently stir in salad greens and basil.
- Spoon into bread bowl; serve any remaining salad in serving bowl.
Salad and the Longmeadow goes together like cheese and mustard. This is the top of the heap of lovely, Italian salads, that is so tasty, you will want seconds. This is extremely easy, but has such a punch of "WOW" that you will want to make extra. I didn't change anything, no need to. Perfect in creativity, Lainey! Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT 7