Recipe by Lainey39
This can be a great main dish. I love bocconcini (mini mozzarella balls) and that is one of my favorite things about this salad. It is just delicious!
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
Salad and the Longmeadow goes together like cheese and mustard. This is the top of the heap of lovely, Italian salads, that is so tasty, you will want seconds. This is extremely easy, but has such a punch of "WOW" that you will want to make extra. I didn't change anything, no need to. Perfect in creativity, Lainey! Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT 7
- 1 (16 ounce) round loaf crusty bread
- 6 ounces bocconcini (1 cup, halved)
- 5 ounces provolone cheese, cut into 3/4-inch by 1/4-inch pieces
- 4 ounces prosciutto or 4 ounces deli ham, thinly sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup assorted pitted deli olive
- 3 ounces pepperoni slices, 3/4 cup
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 5 cups salad greens
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut off top third of bread; cut into 3/4-inch pieces.
- Place on baking sheet, let stand at room temperature about 1 hour to dry.
- Meanwhile, prepare salad; in large bowl, toss bocconcini, provolone, prosciutto, tomatoes, olives, pepperoni and onion with bread cubes and dressing.
- Gently stir in salad greens and basil.
- Spoon into bread bowl; serve any remaining salad in serving bowl.