1/1 Photo of Italian Chef Salad Bread Bowl
1 hr 25 mins
This can be a great main dish. I love bocconcini (mini mozzarella balls) and that is one of my favorite things about this salad. It is just delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) round loaf crusty bread
- 6 ounces bocconcini (1 cup, halved)
- 5 ounces provolone cheese, cut into 3/4-inch by 1/4-inch pieces
- 4 ounces prosciutto or 4 ounces deli ham, thinly sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup assorted pitted deli olive
- 3 ounces pepperoni slices, 3/4 cup
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 5 cups salad greens
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf
- 1Cut off top third of bread; cut into 3/4-inch pieces.
- 2Place on baking sheet, let stand at room temperature about 1 hour to dry.
- 3Meanwhile, prepare salad; in large bowl, toss bocconcini, provolone, prosciutto, tomatoes, olives, pepperoni and onion with bread cubes and dressing.
- 4Gently stir in salad greens and basil.
- 5Spoon into bread bowl; serve any remaining salad in serving bowl.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Chef Salad Bread Bowl
Serving Size: 1 (324 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 565.9
- Calories from Fat 255
- Total Fat 28.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 53.4 mg
- Sodium 1389.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 26.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: