Top Review by Big William
I made this cheesecake for Thanksgiving and IT WAS AWFUL!!!!! Maybe I did something wrong - I've never made a cheese cake before this. But I followed the recipe exactly and it was bland and the consistency was just bad. But I just wanted to let you know not to be fooled by that 5 star restaurant guy's comments. Because it is just bad.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup honey (plus 1 tablespoon)
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons lemons, rind of, slivered
- 2 tablespoons almonds, slivered
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, butter and 1 tablespoon honey in a small mixing bowl and mix well.
- Place in a 9 inch springform pan and spread evenly across the bottom. Refrigerate 30 minutes to chill.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer, add ricotta and beat in eggs one at a time until incorporated.
- Add remaining 1 cup honey, vanilla and flour. Beat until smooth.
- Fold in lemon peel and almonds.
- Pour mixture into chilled crust and scatter pumpkin seed on top.
- Bake for 1 hour or until just firm and lightly colored on top.
- Turn oven off, open door, and leave cake inside to cool for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, refrigerate, and chill for 2 hour to overnight before serving.