Prep 1 hr
Cook 4 hrs
Moist, light, and probably too many calories... This cheesecake was an Italian cheesecake. I downloaded about 6 recipes, read a bit, then used mostly Rachael Ray's recipe; Martha Stewart, and La Travola's directions; and a few twists of my own. I had never made any kind of cheesecake before, so I had no clue what I was doing... I need to write down this recipe before I forget! I had heard that Italian cheesecakes were dry; this was not, it was moist, light, sweet, and slightly citrus flavor, but subtle. Time includes rest times.
- Butter and flour a 9" spring form pan.
- Finely zest lemon and orange (I use a micro planer) and set aside.
- Juice lemon and orange and set aside. (I used a lemon/orange a friend brought back from Florida -- if you have one, use it!).
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta and zest and whisk until smooth.
- Sift in sugar and flour and mix.
- Add cream and vanilla and mix.
- Whisk in eggs one at a time.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 325°F for 1 1/2 - 2 hours, or until knife comes out clean.
- Turn off oven, open door and let rest in oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove spring form and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- I brought mine up to room temperature before serving.