Recipe by JPsBarbie
This was my Nonna's recipe. We always had this for the holidays. It is my favorite cheesecake because it doesn't have a crust. The most important thing is to NOT open the oven door.
Top Review by catshawn70
While this recipe was very tasty, seemed a bit too grainy from the ricotta. I will definitely be making it again but think I may not add as much ricotta. Nevertheless though, this is a definite repeat make recipe, thanks so much for sharing such an easy recipe!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ricotta cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 6 eggs
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease and flour 10" spring form pan.
- Mix the ricotta, sugar, and cream cheese together.
- Add 6 eggs (one at a time and mixing between each), flour, and sour cream, lemon juice, and vanilla.
- Pour batter into pan and bake 1 hour at 350.
- Turn oven off and leave the cake in the oven for another hour. DO NOT OPEN OVEN!
- Cool completely and spread with 1 jar of pineapple or cherry preserves, fresh strawberries, or any other topping of your choice.