Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
We’ve combined cream cheese with ricotta cheese for a creamier version of Italian cheesecake. Another great recipe from Relish Mag.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham crackers or 1 1⁄2 cups amaretto cookies, crumbs
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 32 ounces whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package light cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- confectioners' sugar (optional)
- lemon slice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- To prepare crust, combine crumbs, butter and sugar in medium bowl. Press crust onto bottom and 1 inch up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake 10 minutes or until set. Cool before filling.
- To prepare filling, beat ricotta, cream cheese, sugar and flour in a large bowl with an electric mixer. Add lemon zest and vanilla; mix well.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing on low speed just until blended.
- Pour filling into crust. Bake for 1 hour or until cake is almost set.
- Run a knife around rim of pan to loosen cheesecake. Cool to room temperature on a wire rack, then refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
- To serve, remove springform side and slice. Dust with confectioners’ sugar and garnish with lemon slices.