Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Wonderful, simple, meatless main dish. This is my mom's recipe...so easy to make. You can use part-skim or fat-free mozzarella and fat-free cottage cheese to lower the fat content. Serve with fresh green salad and garlic bread. Superb!
- 1 (12 ounce) package jumbo pasta shells
- 24 ounces low fat cottage cheese
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cups canned or jarred spaghetti sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook shells as directed on package and drain in single layer on paper towel.
- Mix together all ingredients and fill each shell with 2-3 Tbsp. of filling
- Spread thin layer of sauce in 9x13-inch baking dish and place stuffed shells on top.
- Cover with remaining sauce.
- Cover with sheet of aluminum foil and bake 25-30 minutes.
- Serve with extra parmesan cheese to sprinkle over top.
I made these last night with fat free cottage cheese. They were Really Good, but a bit on the runny side. I also used ground turkey and mixed it in with the sauce. I have to agree with lucky #3 on the taste, the cottage cheese was not as flavorful as ricotta, so next time I may mix it half and half. Thanks for the reciepe.
I usually use ricotta cheese and this was my first time trying cottage cheese instead. I think it wasn't as flavorful with the cottage cheese so next time I'll try the recipe with ricotta instead. It was very quick and simple to make!
This recipe was FANTASTIC!!!The only thing I did different was use ricotta cheese cause I didn't have cottage cheese,but it still turned out wonderful and so flavorful.I also liked the fact that it was so simple and used ingredients(herbs) that everyone have in their spice rack.