Recipe by Manda
Wonderful, simple, meatless main dish. This is my mom's recipe...so easy to make. You can use part-skim or fat-free mozzarella and fat-free cottage cheese to lower the fat content. Serve with fresh green salad and garlic bread. Superb!
Top Review by smz07
I made these last night with fat free cottage cheese. They were Really Good, but a bit on the runny side. I also used ground turkey and mixed it in with the sauce. I have to agree with lucky #3 on the taste, the cottage cheese was not as flavorful as ricotta, so next time I may mix it half and half. Thanks for the reciepe.
- 1 (12 ounce) package jumbo pasta shells
- 24 ounces low fat cottage cheese
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cups canned or jarred spaghetti sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook shells as directed on package and drain in single layer on paper towel.
- Mix together all ingredients and fill each shell with 2-3 Tbsp. of filling
- Spread thin layer of sauce in 9x13-inch baking dish and place stuffed shells on top.
- Cover with remaining sauce.
- Cover with sheet of aluminum foil and bake 25-30 minutes.
- Serve with extra parmesan cheese to sprinkle over top.