Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
MMMM Meatloaf and cheese meet in this delicious comfort food meal!! My boys said this is the best meatloaf ever!
- 2 eggs
- 680.38 g lean ground beef
- 473.18 ml soft french breadcrumbs
- 118.29 ml shredded parmesan cheese (2 ounces)
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh basil or 7.39 ml dried basil
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 226.79 g can pizza sauce or 226.79 g can spaghetti sauce
- 354.88 ml shredded provolone cheese (or 6 ounces sliced)
- 205.53 g jar roasted red peppers, drained, chopped
- 59.14 ml chopped black olives
- Heat oven to 375º. Line 15x10x1-inch pan with foil; spray foil with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat eggs. Stir in ground beef, crumbs, parmesan, basil, salt, pepper, garlic and 1/2 CUP PIZZA SAUCE until well combined.
- On large sheet of foil, shape beef into 12x10 inch rectangle.
- Top evenly with provolone, roasted peppers and olives to within 1/2 inch of edges.
- Starting with one 10-inch side, roll up; press seam to seal. Place seam side down in pan.
- Bake 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven; spoon remaining pizza sauce over loaf.
- Return to oven, bake 15-20 minutes longer or until loaf is thoroughly cooked in center and thermometer reads 160º. This may take longer, so please use the thermometer!
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with additional heated sauce, if desired.
I make this often and those of you who have not tried it need to do so. Trust me, well worth the extra time it takes to put it togerher. Best meat loaf I have ever had in my life!!! Don't change any ingredients.
This is so attractive when you slice the roll. I lined the pan with plastic wrap to aid in rolling the meatloaf. It works much like rolling a jellyroll. I then put it into a deeper pan to catch all of the juices. Thank you for sharing this recipe. It was a fun and different spin on meatloaf!