1/3 Photos of Italian Cheese-Stuffed Meatloaf
1 hr 30 mins
MMMM Meatloaf and cheese meet in this delicious comfort food meal!! My boys said this is the best meatloaf ever!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 cups soft french breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese (2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can pizza sauce or 1 (8 ounce) can spaghetti sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded provolone cheese (or 6 ounces sliced)
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped black olives
- 1Heat oven to 375º. Line 15x10x1-inch pan with foil; spray foil with cooking spray.
- 2In large bowl, beat eggs. Stir in ground beef, crumbs, parmesan, basil, salt, pepper, garlic and 1/2 CUP PIZZA SAUCE until well combined.
- 3On large sheet of foil, shape beef into 12x10 inch rectangle.
- 4Top evenly with provolone, roasted peppers and olives to within 1/2 inch of edges.
- 5Starting with one 10-inch side, roll up; press seam to seal. Place seam side down in pan.
- 6Bake 40 minutes.
- 7Remove from oven; spoon remaining pizza sauce over loaf.
- 8Return to oven, bake 15-20 minutes longer or until loaf is thoroughly cooked in center and thermometer reads 160º. This may take longer, so please use the thermometer!
- 9Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- 10Serve with additional heated sauce, if desired.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Cheese-Stuffed Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 415.5
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 125.2 mg
- Sodium 1164.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 31.9 g