MMMM Meatloaf and cheese meet in this delicious comfort food meal!! My boys said this is the best meatloaf ever!
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 cups soft french breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese (2 ounces)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can pizza sauce or 1 (8 ounce) can spaghetti sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded provolone cheese (or 6 ounces sliced)
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped black olives
- Heat oven to 375º. Line 15x10x1-inch pan with foil; spray foil with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat eggs. Stir in ground beef, crumbs, parmesan, basil, salt, pepper, garlic and 1/2 CUP PIZZA SAUCE until well combined.
- On large sheet of foil, shape beef into 12x10 inch rectangle.
- Top evenly with provolone, roasted peppers and olives to within 1/2 inch of edges.
- Starting with one 10-inch side, roll up; press seam to seal. Place seam side down in pan.
- Bake 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven; spoon remaining pizza sauce over loaf.
- Return to oven, bake 15-20 minutes longer or until loaf is thoroughly cooked in center and thermometer reads 160º. This may take longer, so please use the thermometer!
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with additional heated sauce, if desired.