Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 1 quantity basic pastry dough, Basic Dough
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup pecorino cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup asiago cheese, diced
- 2 cups spinach, blanched and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- sea salt and freshly groung pepper
- Pre heat the oven to 200c (180c fan forced).
- Roll out the dough thinly and line 2 x 20 cm pie plates.
- Place piece of foil in each base and cover with raw rice or pastry weights to prevent pastry from bubbling up during the cooking & prevent shrinking.
- Cook the pastry 15 minutes. Remove from oven and remove the foil and rice.
- Put eggs & cream in a bowl and whisk until well blended. Add the cheese's. spinach, cayenne and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and divide the mix between the pastry shells.
- Reduce the oven temp to 185c (165c fan forced) and cook the flans for about 25 minutes or until the centres are set. Remove and cool on rack.