Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is such a wonderful latenight snack, or anytime snack....takes no time at all to make, and tastes so yummy.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon crushed basil
- 4 slices sandwich bread
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayo, onion, parsley and basil until blended.
- Spread each slice of bread with 1/4 cup of the cheese mixture.
- Cut into 4 triangles, and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until bubbly and golden.
- If desired, a small amount of shredded cheddar cheese may be added to mayo mixture or sprinkled on top before baking.
This is a quick, easy, tasty appetizer. Since I am on the weight watchers diet, I used high fiber, reduced calorie bread and used half fat free mayo and half regular (Dukes brand) along with fresh herbs. I will surely be making this again maybe trying with crescent roll, canned biscuit, or puffed pasty. Thanks for the recipe.
KITTENCAL, I love your recipes! Used Pepperidge Farm Sweet Buttermilk bread which really complimented the spread and dried minced onions. Thank you so much for a quick snack!
Cheesy, yummy and gooey! A wonderful appie! I did mix in the optional Cheddar cheese and a crushed garlic clove to boot! I had some leftover asiago cheese bread that I had spread it on. With a glass of red wine this could become a habit!