Cook1 hr 15 mins
This recipe can serve as a main dish or an appetizer cut into small pieces. For the meat and cheese, buy it in 1/4 inch slices and then dice it into smaller pieces. You can freeze any extra pies you make. This pie is delicious cold, but it's better warm.
- 1⁄2 lb extra-sharp provolone cheese, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 lb sharp provolone cheese, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 lb genoa salami, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 lb boiled ham, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 (32 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 lb locatelli romano cheese or 1⁄2 lb pecorino cheese, grated
- 3 eggs
- 2 (9 inch) frozen deep dish pie shells
- In a very large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except crusts.
- Mix well, making sure that all ingredients are distributed through the ricotta mixture evenly.
- Spoon the ingredients equally into the pie crusts.
- For a more decorative look, apply strips of pie crust to the top of the pie in a basketweave pattern.
- Bake at 350 degrees until the top of the pie is a dark golden brown and the center is set, approximately 1 hour, 15 minutes.
- Allow pies to cool for about 45 minutes before slicing.
- Serve warm or cold.