Recipe by GatoKato
Fondue made with two cheeses: mozarella cheese and either gorgonzola cheese OR provolone cheese, mixed with wine and herbs and served with your favorite choice of dippers. (Note: The gorgonzola will make a more pungent fondue.)
Top Review by Rubies
Very flavorful. I used Provolone cheese and dried Italian seasoning instead of fresh basil. We used Bosc pears and apples for dippers. I did add about 1/4 c more wine to thin it out a bit. This made the consistency perfect for dipping the fruit.
- 1 garlic clove, cut in half
- 118.29 ml dry italian white wine
- 14.79 ml flour
- 118.29 ml grated mozzarella cheese
- 236.59 ml crumbled gorgonzola or 236.59 ml grated provolone cheese
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 6 fresh basil leaves, slivered
- 1 loaf crusty Italian bread
- 226.79 g prosciutto
- 2 apples
- 1 pear
- 236.59 ml broccoli, slightly cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour 1 cup of boiling water over sun-dried tomatoes in a small bowl, and leave to soften for 10 minutes.
- Remove tomatoes from water and chop into small pieces.
- Rub inside of fondue pot with cut side of garlic.
- Heat wine in pot until it begins to boil.
- Toss cheese with flour.
- Add cheese slowly to pot, stirring the constantly.
- Add tomatoes and basil leaves to mixture and stir until smooth.
- Serve with dippers.