1/1 Photo of Italian Cheese Fondue
Fondue made with two cheeses: mozarella cheese and either gorgonzola cheese OR provolone cheese, mixed with wine and herbs and served with your favorite choice of dippers. (Note: The gorgonzola will make a more pungent fondue.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 garlic clove, cut in half
- 1/2 cup dry italian white wine
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup crumbled gorgonzola or 1 cup grated provolone cheese
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 6 fresh basil leaves, slivered
- 1Pour 1 cup of boiling water over sun-dried tomatoes in a small bowl, and leave to soften for 10 minutes.
- 2Remove tomatoes from water and chop into small pieces.
- 3Rub inside of fondue pot with cut side of garlic.
- 4Heat wine in pot until it begins to boil.
- 5Toss cheese with flour.
- 6Add cheese slowly to pot, stirring the constantly.
- 7Add tomatoes and basil leaves to mixture and stir until smooth.
- 8Serve with dippers.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Cheese Fondue
Serving Size: 1 (492 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1158.5
- Calories from Fat 309
- Total Fat 34.3 g
- Saturated Fat 18.3 g
- Cholesterol 72.7 mg
- Sodium 2629.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 160.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.3 g
- Sugars 29.3 g
- Protein 44.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: