192 hrs 30 mins
This recipe came out of an old magazine of mine...I have made this several times with great results...very pretty appetizer that looks like you have slaved all day on it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 9 ounces sliced muenster cheese (9 one ounce slices) or 9 ounces mozzarella cheese, divided (9 one ounce slices)
- 1 (7 ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 2 cups chunky spaghetti sauce or 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1Beat cream cheese and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add Parmesan cheese and pesto; beat until mixture is smooth. Set aside.
- 2Cut 5 slices of the cheese in half diagonally; cut remaining 4 slices in half crosswise.
- 3Mix dried tomatoes and spaghetti sauce together and set aside.
- 4Line a 3 cup bowl or mold with plastic wrap, allowing edges to hang over side 6 to 7 inches.
- 5Arrange cheese triangles in a pinwheel shape, slightly overlapping edges to line bowl.
- 6Spread half of cream cheese mixture over cheese in bowl; top with half of spaghetti sauce. Arrange 4 cheese rectangles over tomato mixture.
- 7Repeat layers with remaining cream cheese mixture, spaghetti sauce and cheese rectangles.
- 8Fold plastic wrap over top, sealing securely. Place a small cast iron skillet or other heavy object on top to compact the layers (I use canned goods). Refrigerate at least 8 hours or up to 3 days.
- 9Invert onto a serving platter; peel off plastic wrap. Garnish, if desired. Serve with crackers -- yummy.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Cheese Dome
Serving Size: 1 (873 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 815.8
- Calories from Fat 550
- Total Fat 61.1 g
- Saturated Fat 32.0 g
- Cholesterol 147.8 mg
- Sodium 1905.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 15.9 g
- Protein 35.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: