Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Delicious! I used a Kraft recipe which I changed a bit and it came out great!
- 1 cup shredded light mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves, pounded to 1/4-inch thickness (1 lb.)
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce or 1 cup tomato sauce
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F.
- Mix 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese, the cream cheese, peppers, oregano and garlic salt until well blended.
- Shape into 4 logs.
- Place 1 log on one of the short ends of each chicken breast; press into chicken lightly.
- Roll up each chicken breast tightly, tucking in ends of chicken around filling to completely enclose filling.
- PLACE, seam-sides down, in 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Spoon spaghetti or tomato sauce evenly over chicken; cover with foil.
- BAKE 35 minute or until chicken is cooked through (170°F).
- Remove foil; sprinkle chicken with remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- Bake an additional 3 to 5 minute or until cheese is melted.
I cheated a little bit. I was too lazy to flatten the chicken breasts, so I put the mixture of cheese on top of the chicken breasts and cooked in the oven for at least 30 minutes. It was yummy. Thanks Redsie. Made for Gimme 5 tag game
So good and easy! Pounding the chicken really makes it tender and moist. I added 1/2 fresh basil leaves and 1/2 oregano and it was great. We loved this dish. We used the sauce that was on the bottom for our angel hair noodles. Thanks!
This was so good and so easy! I doubled the cheese mixture and used sundried tomatoes instead of red peppers. I think it would be good with spinach also. Thanks for sharing.