Recipe by Marie
This savory Italian flatbread can be made from scratch in less than an hour. For even faster preparation, dough can be made in food processor. Recipe is slightly changed, but is originally from Taste of Home magazine. YUMMY!
Top Review by Lemon Girl
Love this cheese bread, I usually whip up my own Italian dressing with, olive oil, wine vinegar, sugar, Italian seasonings, basil, and granulated garlic (it is thicker than bottled Italian dressing) the results are amazing!
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fast rising yeast
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup prepared Good Seasons Italian dressing
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients.
- Combine water& oil and add to flour mixture.
- Add additional flour if needed to form soft dough.
- Turn onto floured surface& knead 1 to 2 minutes.
- Place in greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in warm place for 20 minutes.
- Punch dough down& place on greased 12" pizza pan and pat into a 12" circle.
- Brush with salad dressing.
- Combine seasonings and sprinkle over top.
- Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.