Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 16 slices Italian bread
- 16 slices provolone cheese
- marinara sauce
- In a bowl, mix together the butter and parmesan cheese; spread on 1 side of each bread slice.
- Place 8 bread slices, buttered sides down on wax paper.
- Layer each of 8 bread slices on wax paper with 2 provolone cheese slices, and top with remaining bread slices, buttered sides up.
- Cook sandwiches, in batches, on a hot griddle or in a nonstick skillet over medium heat, gently pressing with a spatula, 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese melts.
- Cut each sandwich into fourths, and serve with marinara sauce for dipping.