Recipe by BecR
This Italian-style party cheese ball is an easy fix for last-minute entertaining! Roll the cheese in snipped herbs and cracked pepper for a treat with zing. An easy make-ahead appetizer. Serve with water crackers or baguette slices, and a nice bottle of Italian wine or sparkling Spumante! Cook time is chill time. From Better Homes and Gardens.
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces Fontina cheese
- 2 ounces finely chopped hard salami
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped roasted red peppers
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper (to taste)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- water crackers or baguette, slices
Directions See How It's Made
- In a shallow dish combine 1 tablespoon of the chives, 1 tablespoon of the basil, and the parsley; set aside.
- In a medium bowl beat cream cheese and Fontina cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Beat in the salami and finely chopped roasted red sweet pepper and remaining 2 tablespoons chives, remaining 2 tablespoons basil, the pepper, and garlic.
- Form into a ball (or log).
- Roll ball in herb mixture. Wrap and chill cheese ball for 4 to 24 hours.
- Serve with water crackers or baguette slices, and a nice bottle of Italian wine or sparkling Spumante!
- Makes twelve 2-tablespoon servings.