Recipe by mersaydees
This has been a Christmas tree-trimming tradition of mine for the adults only! From the magazine Chocolatier, Vol. 1, #4.
Top Review by Mulligan
Although this is a Christmas tradition in one family, I found it to be a cool Spring sipper. It was sweet, but my hubby asked for a glass after timidly taking a sip from mine. I'll be making (and drinking) this over and over again!
- 1 (17 ounce) canwhole peeled apricots
- 3 tablespoons Amaretto
- 1⁄4 cup brandy or 1⁄4 cup cognac
- 1 (25 1/2 ounce) bottle asti spumante sparkling wine, chilled
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the apricots and remove the pits if necessary; place in a small bowl.
- Pour the amaretto and brandy over the fruit and refrigerate for several hours to marinate.
- When ready to serve, place a whole apricot along with a teaspoon of the marinating liquid in each of eight chilled flute Champagne glasses.
- Pour 3 ounces of Asti spumante into each glass, adding the wine in two stages if necessary to avoid foaming over.
- Serve with slices of pannetone, pound cake, or chocolate leaf cookies.