Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Great side dish to serve with your Italian meal. I like the cauliflower crunchy but you can cook it longer to suit your taste.
- 1⁄2 medium cauliflower, break into small floweretts
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely sliced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 10 stuffed green olives, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 tablespoon olive oil (Lite or Virgin)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (Lite or Virgin)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 capers (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Put cauliflower in lightly salted boiling water for 3 minutes, remove and put in cold water for 30 minutes or more, Drain well before mixing with dressing.
- In a bowl combine oil, lemon juice, capers, olives, onion, celery parsley, Salt& Pepper, mix well.
- Add well drained cold cauliflower, Toss.
- Place in serving dish& serve.
We really (really) liked this Bergy...my boss tried to steal little bit of leftovers I brought for lunch. I did cut the celery back just a tad, but it was still crunchy and so very flavorful. Do you think there are other veggies that would hold up as well as the cauliflower? Thanks for a wonderful and cool summer salad.
I honestly didn't really care for this recipe all that much, but I must admit, since it is essentially a compilation of a lot of ingredient I don't particularly care for, I have to give it some credit. After the night I served it, it actually spent a long while in the fridge with no one eating much of it until I finally ended up throwing the left overs away. I won't make this again.
The combination of vegetables was really good. Next time, I will sub balsamic or wine vinegar for the part of the lemon juice, as it was way too lemony for me. I also cut back on the celery when I reached the, "gee, that's a lot of celery!" point. I probably cut the celery back by 1/3. I will make it again, but will add garlic and some kind of fresh herb.