Recipe by Theresa P
Great casserole for a dinner party when you need something easy. Serve with garlic bread and salad and you have a meal.
Top Review by Dreamgoddess
This recipe came together very quickly, so it would be great for nights you need to get dinner on the table in a hurry. I omitted the Italian sausage because my family doesn't like it. Other than that, I followed the recipe as far as ingredients. I did cut all the ingredients in half making only one 9x13" dish, but it was still way too much for my family to eat at one meal. I didn't add the cheese in with all the other ingredients. I topped the casserole with it the last five minutes of baking. I did feel like the casserole was missing something as it was in my opinion just a wee bit bland. Maybe this was due to my omitting the sausage. If I make this again, I'll probably play around with some more spices to add in just to jazz it up a bit.
- 1 (16 ounce) package noodles
- 1 1⁄2 lbs bulk Italian sausage
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles according to package directions; set aside.
- Cook sausage, ground beef, onion and green pepper until meat is done and vegetables are tender; drain fat.
- Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, and seasonings; simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in corn, olives, and noodles; mix well.
- Divide into 2 oiled 9x13 baking dishes and top with cheese.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes at 350°F.