A quick to make casserole with 2 meats and 2 cheeses.
Make and share this Italian Casserole Dinner recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb ground sausage
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- In dutch oven, saute sausage, beef, onion, green pepper, and garlic until meats are no longer pink; drain.
- Add tomato sauce, paste, water, and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in noodles.
- Put in 13x9 pan and sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake at 350* for 30 minutes or until cheese is browned and bubbly.
This was good and easy to make. I am 11 and I fixed this by myself for my family for dinner. It made a lot and I thought because the cheese got so browned on top there would be lots left over. Nope--everyone loved it.
Oh Inez, you have done it again! This was really wonderful and so flavorful! I added a can of fresh tomatoes with roasted garlic, some chopped green onions, extra garlic, and a little bit of sugar. I will be making this again and again. Thanks so much for the post. Try this everyone, try this!!! :)
This was fabulous! I added some of my dad's canned home-grown tomatoes and a little bit more cheese. We didn't have any leftovers. Thanks!