Recipe by Brooke the Cook in WI
Light casserole bread that goes very well with spaghetti, lasagna, etc. Whip this up in just a few minutes and then cook your meal. Has a biscuit like texture, my DS loves this one.
Top Review by the80srule
Wonderful. A really quick bread that doesn't require any messing around with yeast or or anything-- I subbed butter for olive oil, and sprinkled the top with extra Italian seasoning and parmesan cheese so I got a nice cheesy crispy crust. A definite winner!
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg white
- 2 1⁄4 cups Bisquick Heart Smart mix
- 2 green onions
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 -2 ounce reduced-fat cheddar cheese (Shredded or cubed into 1/4 inch cubes, apx 1/4-1/2 cup) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 & grease a 1.5 qt round casserole dish.
- Combine milk, melted butter & egg white, beating until smooth.
- Stir in remaining ingredients just until Bisquick is moistened; it'll be lumpy.
- Pour into prepared dish & bake 35 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes, remove from pan to wire rack. Serve warm or allow to cool.