Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This award-winning recipe is incredibly satisfying served with garlic bread. It's flavorful and filling. My grandmother found the recipe and it's been a staple in my family since. It's also makes excellent leftovers!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oregano
- 12 ounces cream cheese
- 12 -14 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces cottage cheese
- parmesan cheese
- 16 ounces wide egg noodles
- salt and pepper
- Brown ground beef and saute onion, green pepper, and garlic. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, and oregano. Simmer for approximately 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- While sauce is simmering, blend cream cheese, sour cream, and cottage cheese with a hand mixer or blender.
- Boil the 16oz package of extra wide egg noodles al dente.
- Spread a small amount of sauce on the bottom of a 13x9 inch baking dish. Put half of the noodles in the pan then spread the cream cheese mixture over the noodles. Pour over the rest of the noodles then spread the sauce on top. Sprinkle generously with Parmesan.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes at 350 degrees. You'll know it's done when it bubbles around the edges.