Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my mom's recipe that we grew up on. I love it because it isn't too sweet. I don't like most cannoli's you find at restaurants. They are sickenly sweet. This filling is light and creamy!
- 2 lbs ricotta cheese, drained
- 4 ounces Cool Whip
- 8 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 -2 teaspoon vanilla or 1 -2 teaspoon orange extract
- chopped walnuts, mini chocolate chips, sprinkles
- Whip the ricotta to a smooth consistency.
- Add the cool whip and powdered sugar.
- Whip again to combine ingredients, scrapping down the side of the bowl during mixing.
- Chill for a few hours before filling your shells.
- I like to split the filling into three bowls and mix in some chopped nuts in one bowl, mini chocolate chips in another and leave the third one plain.
- To fill the cannoli's, I find it easiest to fill a decorators bag and pipe the filling into the shells.
- Sprinkle the ends of the cannoli's with nuts and or sprinkles.
- Dust the tops of the cannoli's with powerdered sugar.
- Serve immediately.