Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
Being Italian and watching my grandmother cook, I enjoyed learning to cook Italian dishes and desserts. This is one of my favorites and I hope you like it too. :)
- 8 medium cannoli shells (depending on size of shells)
- 1 1⁄2 pints ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange zest
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup dark semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar (more if you like it sweeter)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- 2 teaspoons Grand Marnier (optional)
- Combine filling ingredients together with a large wooden spoon (Except the chocolate chips).
- After filling is mixed well FOLD in chocolate chips.
- Fill cannoli shells with mixture using a wet teaspoon to avoid sticking.
- Chill for 1 - 2 hours to allow the filling to absorb the flavors.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving and enjoy.
- Enjoyed best while sipping strong, hot coffee or Grand Marnier! :).