1/1 Photo of Italian Cannelloni
1 hr 10 mins
I'v had this recipe for 20 years. It was given to me by my Brother in laws mother (Italian). I have on occassion substitued the ground beef and pork for ground chicken and/or turkey. Everyone in my family drools when they know I'm making it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil or 29.58 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml finely chopped onion
- 4.92 ml finely chopped garlic (about 2 cloves)
- 680.38 g ground beef
- 226.79 g ground pork
- 118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 29.58 ml cream or 29.58 ml milk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 4.92 ml oregano
- 0.25 ml pepper
- 200 g cannelloni tubes or 200 g manicotti, can be used
- 796 ml spaghetti sauce or 796 ml homemade spaghetti sauce
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine
- 1In oil in a large frypan, cook and stir onion, garlic until the onion is tender.
- 2Add beef and pork and continue cooking until beef is brown. Remove from heat and drain excess oil.
- 3Mix in half the parmesan cheese, cream, eggs and seasonings.
- 4When cool enough to handle, stuff uncooked cannelloni noodles with mixture. Spread a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of a 3.5 litre pan. Arrange stuffed cannelloni in a single layer and pour remaining sauce over, being certain to cover all the pasta.
- 5Sprinkle with the remaining parmesan and dot with butter.
- 6Cover with foil and bake at 375 F for 55 -60 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork. (during last 10 minutes shredded mozzeralla can be sprinkled on top and the foil removed if desired.).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Cannelloni
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1041.2
- Calories from Fat 581
- Total Fat 64.5 g
- Saturated Fat 24.2 g
- Cholesterol 333.3 mg
- Sodium 1424.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 19.1 g
- Protein 59.2 g