1/4 Photos of Italian Cafe Ricotta
4 hrs 20 mins
Susiecat too's Note:
A rich, thick dessert. It is served elegantly in a demitasse cup. From "The Best of Ethnic Home Cooking" my Mary Poulos Wilde. The passive (cooking) time is chilling time, so start at least 6 hours before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1/2 lb ricotta cheese
- 1/2 lb sour cream
- rum, to taste (optional)
- 1/2 pint heavy whipping cream
- sugar, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate bits
- chocolate curls (optional) or chocolate shavings (optional)
- toasted slivered almonds (optional)
- 1Combine the instant coffee and sugar in a small mixing bowl. Add the boiling water and stir to dissolve. Set aside to cool.
- 2With a blender or food processor, whip the ricotta and sour cream together until smooth. Add the cooled coffee mixture, rum (if using) and blend well. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- 3Make the whipped cream: pour the heavy cream into a chilled mixing bowl and beat at medium speed until the mixture begins to thicken. Add the sugar and almond extract and continue to whip until the cream is stiff. Refrigerate until serving.
- 4To serve, melt the chocolate bits and spoon a bit of the melted chocolate into the bottom of a demitasse cup.
- 5Fill about 3/4 full with the ricotta mixture. Add another bit of melted chocolate, and a dollop of whipped cream.
- 6Garnish with chocolate curls or shavings and almonds.
- 7Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Cafe Ricotta
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 470.4
- Calories from Fat 315
- Total Fat 35.0 g
- Saturated Fat 21.6 g
- Cholesterol 91.1 mg
- Sodium 69.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 23.6 g
- Protein 7.8 g