Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Mashed potatoes are one of my favorite foods. I love trying new variations. I came up with this to have with grilled chicken marinated in Italian dressing. They are really tasty!!!
- 6 medium potatoes
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled)
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper
- Peel and cube potatoes.
- Add potatoes & garlic to pot of cold water.
- Cover and bring water to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and garlic cloves.
- Mash all ingredients with hand masher or mixer.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- You can thin them out by adding more regular milk.
These potatoes are the best. I used milk and vinegar for the buttermilk. We liked the taste. Perfect seasoning. Thanks Mary :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game