1/4 Photos of Italian Butter Cookies 1952
Add a cherry to the tops before baking, or afterwards, pair them up with raspberry jam, and dip ends into melted chocolate. A bakery special.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a large mixer bowl, cream lightly the butter and sugar until really fluffy and pale, about three minutes.
- 3Add the egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- 4At low speed add the combined dry ingredients and mix until just blended.
- 5Do not overmix.
- 6Place into a pastry bag fitted with a star tip, pipe onto prepared parchment lined cookie sheets, spacing two inches apart.
- 7If you make wreath or stars, you can add a cherry as decoration now before baking.
- 8Or you could just roll into small bals and flatten with a fork if desired.
- 9Bake for 10 to 14 minutes just until the bottoms and edges begin to turn golden brown.
- 10Remove from pans by sliding thw whole piece of parchment onto a large wire rack, and cool completely.
- 11Dip fingers or one side of each into melted chocolate and sprinkles if desired.
- 12Sandwich with raspberry jam also if desired, dip in melted white chocolate and crushed almonds.
- 13Leave plain also.
- 14Store in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Italian Butter Cookies 1952
Serving Size: 1 (747 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 85.9
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 16.8 mg
- Sodium 50.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 1.0 g