Add a cherry to the tops before baking, or afterwards, pair them up with raspberry jam, and dip ends into melted chocolate. A bakery special.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixer bowl, cream lightly the butter and sugar until really fluffy and pale, about three minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- At low speed add the combined dry ingredients and mix until just blended.
- Do not overmix.
- Place into a pastry bag fitted with a star tip, pipe onto prepared parchment lined cookie sheets, spacing two inches apart.
- If you make wreath or stars, you can add a cherry as decoration now before baking.
- Or you could just roll into small bals and flatten with a fork if desired.
- Bake for 10 to 14 minutes just until the bottoms and edges begin to turn golden brown.
- Remove from pans by sliding thw whole piece of parchment onto a large wire rack, and cool completely.
- Dip fingers or one side of each into melted chocolate and sprinkles if desired.
- Sandwich with raspberry jam also if desired, dip in melted white chocolate and crushed almonds.
- Leave plain also.
- Store in an airtight container.