Prep 4 hrs
Cook 0 mins
A butter with garlic and herbs to perk up the taste of hot bread, potatoes, or veggies. Time for chilling included in prep time.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Mix the garlic, oregano, basil, thyme and black pepper in a bowl.
- Beat in the softened butter until well combined.
- Put the mixture on a piece of wax paper and roll it into a tube.
- Refrigerate for at least three hours to allow the flavours to blend.
- Allow the butter to come to room temperature before serving, so that it will spread easier.
My husband and son devoured this! I served it with hot rolls (jean's buttery bread machine rolls, #65340) and a stew. I did manage to sample it before it was gone and it did complement the meal nicely! I didn't roll it in wax paper, I just refrigerated it in the bowl for 2 hours and let it soften a little just before serving.