Recipe by *Pixie*
A butter with garlic and herbs to perk up the taste of hot bread, potatoes, or veggies. Time for chilling included in prep time.
Top Review by PuglyDuckling
My husband and son devoured this! I served it with hot rolls (jean's buttery bread machine rolls, #65340) and a stew. I did manage to sample it before it was gone and it did complement the meal nicely! I didn't roll it in wax paper, I just refrigerated it in the bowl for 2 hours and let it soften a little just before serving.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the garlic, oregano, basil, thyme and black pepper in a bowl.
- Beat in the softened butter until well combined.
- Put the mixture on a piece of wax paper and roll it into a tube.
- Refrigerate for at least three hours to allow the flavours to blend.
- Allow the butter to come to room temperature before serving, so that it will spread easier.