Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Cannelloni made with tortillas. Recipe from Johnsonville.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs mild Italian sausage or 1 1⁄4 lbs hot Italian sausage
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 (10 ounce) containerrefrigerated alfredo sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 8 8-9 inch flour tortillas
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease a 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Remove sausage from casings, brown in a large skillet and pour off excess fat.
- Add spinach, Alfredo sauce and basil and combine.
- Divide mixture between 8 tortillas, roll up and place seam side down in baking dish.
- Top with spaghetti sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until hot.
I really enjoyed this. I had to make my own Alfredo sauce and spaghetti sauce, and cut back on the parmesan cheese a bit, but followed the rest of the recipe exactly. Thank you for this recipe.
Lorac, you have another winner here! One of my roommates specifically requested something with spinach, and something Mexican-ish. This came up in the search, and I was so intrigued I had to read it to her. We giggled over the NF, and the fact that you listed it as only 4 servings, and then she said I had to make it for dinner. So I did. It made 7 servings of two "burritos" each, and both the picky DD6 and the not picky DS2 gobbled theirs down and asked for more! The adults all enjoyed it (except the roommate who doesn't like any Italian sausage, so I am not counting his opinion), and it was a breeze to put together. Thank you so much for posting this, but 4 servings? No way . . . :)
My husband and I really liked this. I will say that if you use the canned parmesan (green lid kind), I feel that a cup's worth is too salty. I used about 2/3 cup and think I will cut it back more from that next time. I will certainly be making this again, though. Thanks for a different take on the burrito!