Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
from Family Circle.
- 20 ounces ground turkey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 package frozen garlic toast
- 15 ounces garlic and herb marinara sauce
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Heat broiler.
- Lightly coat broiler pan with nonstick spray.
- Combine ground turkey, Italian seasoning, salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- Shape turkey into 4 burgers and place on on broiler pan.
- Broil 2 inches from heat for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Turn burgers over and flatten with spatula.
- Broil another 4 to 5 minutes and remove from oven.
- Place frozen garlic toast on baking sheet and broil until lightly browned, about 1 to 4 minutes per side.
- Top each burger with 1/4 cup marinara sauce and 1 slice cheese.
- Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat until cheese is melted and the sauce is heated through, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Spoon remaining sauce over toast and top with burger and a second slice of toast.