Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
I am always looking for new and different burger recipes. Got this one from a co-worker. Wonderful flavor.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, minced
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fennel seed
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 English muffins, split
- 1⁄2 cup pasta sauce
- Combine first 9 ingredients; shape into 4 patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium-high heat, 7 to 8 minutes on each side or until beef is no longer pink.
- Top patties with cheese, and grill 1 minute more or until cheese melts.
- Place muffins on grill, cut sides down.
- Grill 1 minute or until lightly toasted.
- Top each muffin bottom with 2 tablespoons pasta sauce, a cheese-topped patty, and muffin top.
Cool burger recipe. We used regular hamburger buns and thought it worked out real well. That fennel really gives a great flavor which my husband and I liked. Kind of comes alive in your mouth. Thanks for something different and delicious.
These burgers were excellent. My brother had a problem dethawing the meat so we ended up with loose meat instead of burgers. The taste was excellent.