Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tasy Fast Meal!
Make and share this Italian Burger Melt recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (11 1/8 ounce) can Italian tomato soup, condensed
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese, process american (about 4 Ounces) or 4 slices monterey jack cheese (about 4 Ounces)
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Shape beef into 4 patties, 1/2 inch thick.
- In medium skillet over medium-high heat, cook patties until.
- Set patties aside.
- Pour off fat.
- Add soup and water.
- Heat to a boil.
- Return patties to pan.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and cook 10 minutes or until patties.
- are no longer pink (160°F).
- Place cheese on patties and cook until cheese is melted.
- patties on 4 roll halves.
- Top with soup mixture and remaining.
- roll halves.
- Makes 4 sandwiches.
We enjoyed this recipe. However, I could never find Italian Tomato Soup, though I went to a very large Safeway and to a more local store (but one that usually has things I can't find elsewhere.) I finally spiced up regular tomato soup with oregano and basil and sprinkled my ground beef with onion and garlic powder. It tasted mildly Italian and my family enjoyed it. If I can ever find the right kind of soup I will remake it and give it a rating with stars. I am sure it should be at least a 4, but possibly a 5 star. Just don't know how close my improvisation was to the real recipe.